Help End Marijuana Prohibition (HEMP) Party
to re-legalise and regulate Cannabis for personal, medical and industrial use.
to allow for health education, home growing, and regulated sales through registered outlets which will separate Cannabis from the criminality of the black-market and end consequent associated corruption.
to allow medical use, utilising Cannabis’ painkilling, relaxing, anti nausea and healing properties.
to establish a commercial hemp industry producing fuel, fibre, paper, textiles, food, oil and other environmentally sound products.
to release all those imprisoned for Cannabis alone and the removal of all records of previous criminal Cannabis convictions.
The Help End Marijuana Prohibition (HEMP) Party is recognising the increasing and broader Cannabis concerned citizens of Australia who would like to express their concerns in the upcoming federal election on the 18th of May 2019.
As in 2016, the HEMP Party is running a clear and simple single issue campaign which logically and positively impacts on other important issues like Health Care, Patient Expectations, Nutrition, Policing, Budgets and any number of positive outcomes being experienced in other jurisdictions in the world where Cannabis law reforms have been enacted.
The time has now come for all Australian Cannabis consumers (medical, industrial, adults and their families) to recognise the HEMP Party as the true representatives of Cannabis law reform in the upcoming federal election.
With the facts now piling up that decades of successive federal governments and the recent number of other Parties taking far too long to sort out an outdated and spectacularly flawed prohibition on Cannabis, an ever increasing number of Australians have recognised the HEMP Party must be in Canberra to ensure genuine representation and experience is at the forefront, to guide and advise accurate policies are developed and implemented.
With HEMP Senators in parliament, our attention will always be completely dedicated to overseeing Australian Governments, the opposition and other minor parties to ensure Cannabis law reforms are always adequately discussed, dealt with and implemented in a much more timely manner than has been demonstrated in the past.
The HEMP Party position on MEDICAL CANNABIS will ensure that Australian voices will be clearly heard at every government and international level when it comes to this issue.
HEMP will step up as the buck-passing continues and make sure the federal government adopts an imperative approach which brings the States and Territories together to develop a meaningful Cannabis regime that will appropriately address the needs and concerns of an increasingly significant number of Australians currently using Cannabis everyday for medical purposes.
HEMP will ensure significant changes are implemented rather than maintaining policies that continue to support the outdated and crumbling International Drug Treaties on Cannabis.
HEMP has a plan to set milestones which include immediate steps that should be adopted by the next Federal Government in the FIRST 100 DAYS and FIRST YEAR after the election.
The HEMP Party position on the emerging Australian hemp food, fuel and fibre industries seeks to actively encourage fast-track research and development that will assist these burgeoning industries to be competitive with the rest of the world.
It must be understood that as a result of successive LNP and Labor governments, Australia was reluctantly the last country in the world to lift its ban on the human consumption of hemp seed food in November 2017.
The HEMP Party position on adult use of Cannabis relies on fact driven arguments that are being experienced in jurisdictions around the world where Cannabis law reforms have proven beneficial in many expected and unexpected ways.
HEMP will help re-calibrate the entire Australian Cannabis debate by introducing and highlighting the important and positive consequences of regulating Cannabis being experienced in The Netherlands, American States, Canada etc.
There’s no more room for politicians with Reefer Madness ideology or incompetent media who continue to support or parrot failed Prohibitionist arguments.
Better Health, Better Nutrition, Better Policing and Better Budgets will make a Better Australia for everybody.
- Expansion- A subsection to display extended policies with Sectors as categories and tagged with Aspects of the Cannabis plant.
- Hemp seeds as food- Cannabis seed remains illegal as food in Australia. Varieties of Cannabis with a low THC level are classified as industrial hemp. Some Australian States have regulations for the cultivation of hemp. The HEMP Party's policy to end prohibition would make the hemp industry viable
- Interim Measures on Cannabis for medical purposes in Australia- We are seeking genuine Government assistance, with the help of appropriate policy makers and advisory input to develop a detailed policy option for presentation to the International Narcotic Control Board (INCB) on behalf of the Australian people.
- Remove Cannabis Convictions- Reasonable, but short of demanding compensation for wrongful punishment. HEMP says; End prohibition to release all those imprisoned for Cannabis alone and the removal of all records of previous criminal Cannabis convictions
- Home Growing- HEMP's brief description of policies does leave plenty of room for interpretation. The keywords are 'home growing' and spelling out the policies for growing a few plants at home specifically will help define the common goal.
- Interim Measures- HEMP is calling for interim measures in relation to cultivation, possession, supply and distribution so as to address the needs and concerns of 10’s of thousands of Australians currently using Cannabis for medical purposes.
- Medicare Benefits Schedule- The Schedule is part of the wider Medicare Benefits Scheme managed by the Department of Health and administered by Department of Human Services. MBS Online contains the latest MBS information and is updated as changes to the MBS occur.
- Rebuild Trust- Simple Cannabis law reforms will relieve pressure on our Criminal Justice system, prisons, courts and administration, legal aid, non government organisations and may help in rebuilding trust between police, community and especially the younger generations.
Reasons to VOTE 1 HEMP.
- To alleviate the suffering of the chronically or terminally ill.
- To enhance the environment by replacing environmentally unsound products.
- To reduce avenues of fast cash for terrorists, insurgents, arms traders, and security organisations.
- To reduce the flow of Cannabis money to criminal gangs.
- To limit corrupting temptations available to Police, Customs Officials, and Prison Guards
- Decriminalisation of hemp would drastically reduce Police workload, and free officers to tackle genuine crimes where it is not as easy to gain high arrest rates.
- To remove an avenue for scaremongering by opportunistic politicians and journalists.
- To hopefully lower the price of hemp or Cannabis.
- To put an end to using dogs as a tool of discrimination against a harmless sector of the community.
- To put an end to the marginalisation of Cannabis users, indeed to try to put such petty behaviours to rest in many areas of politics.
- The HEMP Party would undertake to try to ‘keep the bastards honest’.
- To allow people to enjoy a spiritual, relaxing experience – legally
Cannabis as commodity will have far reaching consequences on legislation and the value of other commodities including crude oil, coal, cotton, beef & dairy, wood-pulp, soy bean, pharmaceuticals, alcohol, tobacco and etc..
Do YOU have any Cannabis policy or campaign ideas to put the HEMP Party into the hearts and minds of Australia?
Better legislation for Cannabis will improve our health, nutrition, policing and the annual budget.
Cannabis can provide a better solution for medicine, food security, the environment and social harmony. The HEMP Party has a plan to integrate the whole plant into our everyday lives.
There is now no doubt to a reasonable person that Cannabis does have medical and therapeutic benefits, the problem is no government anywhere in the world has willingly introduced a meaningful medical Cannabis regime.
Successive Australian Parliamentary Inquiries have recognised the international road blocks which make clinical trials nearly impossible and restricts research. While HEMP applauds State endeavours in this area, we believe Medical Cannabis is a Federal issue which effects all Australians.
Having regard to the need for accurate science and comprehensive testing, all will be aware this takes time, up to ten years for products to make their way through the long regulatory process making it highly unlikely a medical Cannabis preparation would be available during the term of the next government.
*HEMP is calling for interim measures in relation to cultivation, possession, supply and distribution so as to address the needs and concerns of 10’s of thousands of Australians currently using Cannabis for medical purposes.
*HEMP believes progress in this area will help many critical patient groups and ease pressure on Australia’s already strained health system.
Australia remains the only country to maintain a ban on human consumption of hemp seed foods. The nutritional profile of hemp seed makes it a true super food, rich in protein, high in a dietary balanced ratio of Omega 3,6 and 9, its cold pressed oil is considered equal if not better than fish oil.
Our Food Authorities have always approved hemp foods only to have its decisions rejected by politicians who base their objection on police advice that hemp foods may interfere with roadside drug saliva tests.
Who takes nutritional advice from police? This is another irrational and lose-lose-lose situation for Australia as our dietary projections look to more unhealthy foods being approved, while at the same time Australian farmers are denied access to world wide billion dollar hemp seed food markets.
The real kicker here is that Australian police are alone in their use of saliva tests as reports show the devices to be unreliable and not recommended, meanwhile our national road tolls continue to rise.
*HEMP warned governments as far back as 2006 that the introduction of saliva testing would unfairly target Cannabis and alter drug use trends for the worse as people realised other drugs pass through the body much quicker than Cannabis, or are completely undetectable.
*HEMP is calling for immediate assistance to the burgeoning Australian hemp industry to coincide with the lifting of the ban on hemp seed food consumption.
Enforcing the prohibition on Cannabis has been a complete waste of time, money and resources. Australian police make about 60,000 Cannabis related arrests every year, well over 1,000 a week! That’s an awful lot of policing going to waste and it surely does bring about disrespect for other laws and erodes mutual respect within communities.
In US States, Canada and The Netherlands were Cannabis laws have been relaxed, positive social outcomes have resulted in significant decreases in alcohol related crime, anti social behaviours, road traffic incidents, domestic violence, mental health issues, theft and robberies, police corruption and vomit on the streets.
*HEMP believes Cannabis law reforms will make great inroads to the reallocation of police resource to focus on ever increasing organised criminal drug importations, more important crime and genuine assistance to victims of crime.
Simple Cannabis law reforms will relieve pressure on our Criminal Justice system, prisons, courts and administration, legal aid, non government organisations and may help in rebuilding trust between police, community and especially the younger generations.
We can potentially save a $billion on health, a $billion on better health by nutrition outcomes, a $billion on policing and courts, a $billion from regulated Cannabis revenue that would normally be in the hands of the black market. That’s just in the first year!
It’s pretty simple to see how vast resources can be saved and redeployed, while revenues will increase capacity to address health, education, rehabilitation services and various other important front line services currently suffering due to lack of ongoing funding.
*HEMP believes forward estimates to 2025 could see Australia realise savings, cost cutting measures and revenue in the order of $50 billion and could lead the world in medical Cannabis research, science and product development.
- Cannabis as medicine and therapy could reinvent the health system.
- Complete protein and polyunsaturated fats are an essential part of our diet.
- The hemp plant can address environmental concerns on CO2 levels and soil reparation
- Currently we waste millions of tax-payer dollars trying to enforce prohibition.
- A regulated market would redirect funding to education, health and harm reduction.
Vote 1 HEMP Party
because we can do Cannabis BETTER.